EMPACT: New Upcoming Seminar by Espacio Rojo!
Three-day interactive workshop:
When? 24, 25, 11 May: 11.00am-14.00pm & 16.00 pm-18.pm (Local time).
Where? Madrid, Spain: Casa Encendida & Royal Botanic Garden of Madrid.
We are pleased to announce this seminar/workshop in the framework of the innovative project EMPACT – Empathy and Sustainability: The Art of Thinking like a Mountain, co-funded by the EU Creative Europe Programme (Grant Agreement No: 101055903 – EMPACT – CREA-CULT-2021-COOP-2). The workshop focuses on introduce, discuss and propose the resilience as a motor of reflection, which has important implications for artistic research, training and practice.
During this three-days interactive workshop, six main objectives will be achieved:
- We will explore how artists and cultural organizations can connect effectively their creative work, actions and strategies with environmental issues, resilience and sustainability.
- We will explore different projects focus on visualizing and developing human and community capacities within an adverse environment.
- We will create dialogue and debate among professionals to find different forms and ways of planet caring, combining science, art, ecopoetry, ecomusicology and documentary film.
- We will analyze opportunities, risks, and future trends and will seek together new ways of cooperation between artists, experts/researchers, social scientists to be more resilience and environmentally sustainable future.
- We will work together guided by creative professionals in smaller groups on a specific theme/topic/subject of interest and/or a creative idea.
The themes for each day are split into a morning session with interactive presentations and discussions, and an afternoon collaborative creative work in smaller groups (artistic atelier) on a specific theme, or topic of interest.
- Day 1: 24 May – Artistic cooperation in the face of the climate crisis
- Day 2: 25 May – Eco-social movement for cultural enhancement
- Day 3: 26 May – Colloquium and Microcineforum
The seminar is organized by the Asociación Espacio Rojo, an EMPACT consortium partner, and will be held in the Spanish language (with visual material in English).
Seminar speakers/moderators are renowned experts and professionals in the field of environment, empathy, sustainable development and arts management: Prof. Dr. Lidia Varbanova, Dr. Velimir Velev, Hadriana Casla, Alejandro Piccione, David Ferreiro, Dr. Jorge Gallardo, Prof. Rocío Nogales Muriel, Luis Picazo, Dr. Antonio Turiel and Joaquín Araujo.
Afternoon workshops will be led by creative professionals – Lucía Loren, Mili Vizcaíno and Rui Filipe.
If you are an artist, cultural professional, arts manager, researcher, educator, student, or cultural policy-maker, join us! The seminar has a limited number spaces available: to reserve your place, please fill in the short registration form here (the number of participants is limited):
https://forms.gle/y6KKkGFvApiVZ38c7 (please open with Chrome web browser).
For additional information about the seminar, please contact:
Prof. Dr. Alberto Vázquez, Asociación Espacio Rojo, email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Join EMPACT social media and keep updated about empathy and sustainability through the arts: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube.
Co-funded by the European Union. Views and opinions expressed are however those of the author(s) only and do not necessarily reflect those of the European Union or the European Education and Culture Executive Agency (EACEA). Neither the European Union nor EACEA can be held responsible for them.