EMPACT: Seminar "Art & Sustainability”
Three days interactive workshop!
When? 19, 20, 21 September: 11.00am-14.00pm & 16.00 pm-18.pm (Local time)
Where? Madrid, Spain: Casa Encendida of Madrid
We are pleased to announce this seminar/workshop in the framework of the innovative project EMPACT – Empathy and Sustainability: The Art of Thinking like a Mountain, co-funded by the EU Creative Europe Programme (Grant Agreement No: 101055903 – EMPACT – CREA-CULT-2021-COOP-2). The workshop focuses on learning about innovative models and initiatives that express the combination of artistic and ecological practices.
In the three days interactive workshop, organized in six sessions:
- We will explore how artists and cultural organizations can connect effectively their creative work, actions and strategies with environmental issues, art and sustainability.
- We will explore different projects focus on incorporating elements of nature into artistic and design objects, engaging all the senses.
- We will Create dialogue and debate among professionals to find different forms and ways of planet caring, combining science, art, urban practices for transformation, Ecologies for Sustainable Ways of Life.
- We will analyze opportunities, risks, and future trends and will seek together new ways for the exploration and creation of new narratives and tools for environmental awareness, circular economy, and sustainability.
- We will work together guided by creative professionals in smaller groups on a specific theme/topic/subject of interest and/or a creative idea.
The themes for each day are split into a morning session with interactive presentations and discussions, and an afternoon collaborative creative work in smaller groups (artistic atelier) on a specific theme, or topic of interest.
- Day 1: 19 Sept. – Resource utilization for Eco-social improvement.
- Day 2: 20 Sept. – Growth of Sustainable Urban Environments: Green Art, Biophilic Design as Tools for Well-being.
- Day 3: 21 Sept. – Sustainable Development through Eco-Social and Cultural Artistic Practices.
The seminar is organized by the Asociación Espacio Rojo, an EMPACT consortium partner, and will be held in Spanish (with visual material in English) languages.
Seminar speakers/moderators are renowned experts and professionals such as architect, ecodesigner, and art director, social and cultural anthropologist, landscape architect, sustainable development and arts management: Pilar Balsalobre y Carlos Jiménez (Photo Alquimia), Barbara Long, Rebeca Sforzani, Monamour Design (Denis Broduriès y Claudia Bonollo), Dr. MªAuxiliadora Gálvez, Marguerita Isola, Claudia Bonollo, Miguel Valdián, Conchi Piñeiro (Altekio Coop), Natalia Gonzalez Sañudo (Taller Etnográfico), Konstantinos Kotsis. Afternoon workshops will be led by creative professionals – Barbara Long, Conchi Piñero, and Claudia Bonollo.
If you are an artist, cultural professional, arts manager, researcher, educator, student, cultural policy-maker, join us! The seminar has a limited number of participants: to reserve your place, please fill in the short registration form here (the number of participants is limited):
https://forms.gle/YiEC5udmLaK9VY488 (please open with Chrome web browser).
For additional information about the seminar please contact: Prof. Dr. Alberto Vázquez, Asociación Espacio Rojo, email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Co-funded by the European Union. Views and opinions expressed are however those of the author(s) only and do not necessarily reflect those of the European Union or the European Education and Culture Executive Agency (EACEA). Neither the European Union nor EACEA can be held responsible for them.